Welcome Message

When Matthew was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2008 we were given a small insight into the experiences of cancer patients in the UK and the work of the Royal Marsden. His rapid and caring treatment in the hands of Kingston Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital meant that just ten weeks after his initial diagnosis his treatment was complete and confirmed as a success.



We were very lucky.



Our milestone 10th Wedding Anniversay gave us the chance to do something memorable together and raise some money to make a difference to other people's lives.



You can get involved too ... at our Route2Roots JustGiving site.


Friday 30 July 2010

Ten years on ...

At 2 o’clock on Saturday 19th August 2000 Matthew Fletcher married Catherine Stock at High Street Methodist Church, Maidenhead in a ceremony filled with family, friends, words and music. Tomorrow we start our Route to Roots, celebrating our 10th Anniversary.




We made some big promises to each other, ten years on they're still going strong ...

I Promise
Dorothy R. Colgan

I promise to give you the best of myself
and to ask of you no more than you can give.

I promise to respect you as your own person
and to realise that your interests, desires and needs
are no less important than my own.

I promise to share with you my time and my attention
and to bring joy, strength and imagination to our relationship.

I promise to keep myself open to you,
to let you see through the window of my world into my innermost fears
and feelings, secrets and dreams.

I promise to grow along with you,
to be willing to face changes in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how.
Completely and forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment