Welcome Message

When Matthew was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2008 we were given a small insight into the experiences of cancer patients in the UK and the work of the Royal Marsden. His rapid and caring treatment in the hands of Kingston Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital meant that just ten weeks after his initial diagnosis his treatment was complete and confirmed as a success.



We were very lucky.



Our milestone 10th Wedding Anniversay gave us the chance to do something memorable together and raise some money to make a difference to other people's lives.



You can get involved too ... at our Route2Roots JustGiving site.


Friday 2 July 2010

Check Up Time

Every four months I return to the Royal Marsden for a check up. It is reassurring to know that you're being given the medical once over but returning to the Marsden, a hospital that only deals with cancer, is good for the soul.

I mentioned this to someone recently and when they asked me why I fumbled my answer. So today I am sitting in the outpatients department waiting for my appointment and attempting to answer that question.

It would of been easy for me to continue to live life exactly as I had been doing before cancer, and simply ignore the whole episode. But if I do that then I fear I will of learnt nothing. It's not that I feel the need to change everything, it's just that I've been given a second chance and I mustn't waste it. I must remember the promises I made to myself during darker days. So sitting here now, in a place that deals with cancer every day, I am reminded of what a great chance I now have.

No comments:

Post a Comment